- From the 1 June level three of our 5 level ‘risk adjusted’ strategy was put in place: most of the economy reopened except tourism and places where people can gather in crowds
- There are limited domestic flights for business purposes only - countries borders and airports remain closed to international travel for now though
- Alcohol is now available for purchase from Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm (important step to South Africans, and our guests when you come!)
- Some hotels are reopening to essential services and limited business travel. Conferences of up to 50 people are now also allowed.
- You can visit South Africa all year round. Our summers (Nov – Feb/March) are warm to very hot, great for a trip to the coast (Cape Town, Durban)
- Our winters (June – Aug/Sept) meanwhile are typically mild and game viewing is at its best in these winter months
- Safaris are an ideal post COVID travel option as this takes you away from the busy cities and allows for ease of social distancing – we at Walthers have many options to take you on
- The last remaining Dodo bird egg in the world can be found in East London!
- Victoria Falls, the largest falls in the world, recorded its highest flows in a decade with a peak flow of 4,289 cubic meters per second. Although strictly speaking they are not in South Africa, Walthers can help you get there to see it in all its majesty…
- Walthers DMC has used this time for training and upskilling our staff, to make sure you have the best of service when you can bring your incentive groups to SA
- We have also used this time to research and gain product knowledge, coming up with new ideas for your program to our beautiful destination.
- Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika – South Africa’s National Anthem means God Bless Africa
Walthers DMC can help you plan for your perfect trip to South Africa – just contact us to tap into the power of our local knowledge:
Tel: +27 11 467 88 67