UPDATED OCTOBER 2020
- From the 1st October, South Africa‘s international borders will reopen to some low and medium risk countries. This list will be updated every 2 weeks. Visitors will require a negative Covid test not older than 72 hours from date of departure.
- Some international airlines have announced that they will start to fly from 1 October, with others following in November and December.
- South Africa has received the WTTC Safe Travels accreditation. Walthers has also received WTTC and TBCSA Travel Safe-Eat Safe accreditation.
- Travellers will be screened on arrival, and if showing symptoms, will have a Covid test. If the test is positive, quarantine will be required, at the traveller's expense.
- Travellers will be asked to download the Covid-19 Alert South African mobile app Travellers will be asked to download the Covid-19 Alert South African mobile app
- Restaurants have reopened, with up to 50% of occupancy
- Most hotels have reopened, or will be opening in November and December (those whose guests are predominantly international).
- Conferences of up to 250 people are now also allowed. 500 people are allowed to gather outdoors. Social distancing protocols will apply.
- South Africa is an all year round destination. Our summers (Nov – Feb/March) are warm to very hot, great for a trip to the coast (Cape Town, Durban)
- Our winters (June – Aug/Sept) meanwhile are typically mild and game viewing is at its best in these winter months
- Safaris are an ideal post COVID travel option being out of busy cities and allows for ease of social distancing
- The last remaining Dodo bird egg in the world can be found in East London!
- Victoria Falls, the largest falls in the world, recorded its highest flows in a decade with a peak flow of 4,289 cubic meters per second. Although strictly speaking they are not in South Africa, Walthers can help you get there to see it in all its majesty…
Walthers DMC has used this time for training and upskilling our staff, to make sure our guests receive impeccable personal service, when Incentives and Conferences return.
We have also used this time to research and gain increased product knowledge, creating some exciting new experiences for our guests.Our staff have all received Covid training for every sphere of our industry.
The Walthers Team is standing by, excited to create a personal and unique programme for your clients to South Africa. Contact us to tap into the power of our local knowledge:
Tel: +27 11 467 88 67