1st Day Tunis Airport / Sidi Bou Said / Hotel in Gammarth
- Personalized welcome of guests at the airport, assistance through customs.
- Departure to the hotel Dar Said or La Villa Bleu boutique hotel, welcome cocktail at check in.
- Evening Visit Sidi Bou Said stroll through the narrow streets of Sidi Bou Said, a picturesque small town bordered by white-washed houses with blue shutters and doors. Check out the various art galleries and try some mint tea in one of the traditional street cafes while enjoying the superb view of the gulf of Tunisia. Then, spend some leisure time to indulge in shopping.
- Welcome cocktail in Nejma Zahra The Mediterranean Music Centre is located in this Moorish Palace which used to be the belonging of the Baron d Erlanger.
- Dinner in restaurant Dar Zarrouk in Sidi Bou Said The Dar Zarrouk is located in the heart of the village. Its charming white terrace offers a breathtaking view of the Tunis Gulf
- Return to the hotel and overnight.
2nd Day Excursion Carthage Bardo museum Medina, then flight to Djerba Island
- After breakfast, check-out and departure to explore Carthage UNESCO World Heritage Site, the capital of ancient Carthaginian Empire. Visit Byrsa Hill to see the ruins of Roman buildings and Carthage Museum. See the Tophet, where urns containing the ashes and milk teeth of 8th century BC children have been unearthed. Visit Antonine Baths, a huge Roman bath complex on the edge of the Mediterranean.
- Take an opportunity to see the theatre and Punic Port.
- Then visit of Bardo Museum closed on Mondays, one of the best archaeological museums in the Mediterranean, which is especially well-known for its beautiful collection of mosaics. The museum is located in an old palace that belongs to the Beys, rulers of Tunisia.
- Enjoy lunch in restaurant Dar El Jeld in the Medina of Tunis, this restaurant is special and you know it from the moment you see the grand bee-yellow door, which leads to an elaborate 18th century mansion. The decor is a bit like a lavishly decorated jewelry box and the dining room is magnificent. The "alcove" tables are arranged around a "secluded" courtyard. The Tunisian dishes are delicious and the twanging tones of and "elderly" musician accompany your meal.
- After, visit the Medina where we will see the old Tunisia which includes the Medina, the European quarter built at the beginning of the 20th century and the new modern suburbs. For more than 500 years, the Medina has been the historic heart of Tunis and UNESCO has classified it as a World Heritage Site due to its fascinating and exotic maze of streets. We will stop by the Zaitouna Mosque from outside, mosque of Sidi Mehrez and the mausoleum of the Husainides princes.
- 4.30 pm Departure to ATC airport and flight at 6.15 pm to Djerba Island.
- 7.30 pm Transfer to the hotel Hasdrubal Djerba or Radisson, welcome cocktail at check in.
- Dinner in Haroun restaurant.
3rd Day Djerba-Tataouine-Chenini-Douiret-Matmata -Tamezret
- After breakfast, departure in 4X4 vehicles for a panoramic visit of the island it is a beautiful place, in 2008, it has been announced by the American travel guide Trip Advisor, as the best tourist destination. In the same year, the New York Times also picked Tunisia as the 3rd best place in the world to visit.
- After, proceed to Tataouine, also known as Luke Skywalker is fictional home Planet Tatooine in Star Wars. This district is famous for its fortified citadels called ksars, and their interlocking cells known as ghorfas. Thereafter, explore 2 Berber mountain villages, Douiret and Chenini, which are hillcrest villages containing fortified granaries once used by the local Berber tribes to protect their food supplies from Arab invaders.
- Visit the mosque of the seven sleepers and lunch in restaurant Kinza A spacious cave with its serving as khazna troglodyte; A family-style kitchen fully equipped for art traditional cuisine. A ghorfa with a rich iconography of symbolic ksourienne with two terraces overlooking the citadel.
- Continue to Matmata and explore its famous troglodytes hung on the side of the mountain, 600 meters above sea level, this village of just 2,000 inhabitants is renowned for its remarkable troglodyte dwellings that make it one of the most important places of Tunisian tourism. The underground houses were built to protect the Berbers from the intense heat in the summer. This type of construction already existed 3000 years ago.
- Visit of the Sidi Driss hotel which served as a backdrop for Star Wars by George Lucas.
- Continue to Amazigh village Tamezret which is a small millenary Berber village, located 15 km from the village of Matmata on the road to Douz, there, we find old dwellings, hidden caves, abandoned oil mills. an atmosphere just like the middle ages.
- Installation in Dar Ayed Gite.
- Typical Dinner with Folklore of the area and overnight.
4th Day Tamezret-Douz-Tozeur-Ong Jemel-Tozeur
- After breakfast, visit the Berber Museum which is full of culture, history and rich by the Amazigh traditions.
- Then continue to Douz which is known as the door of the Sahara It is currently a destination for many tourists to visit the dunes of Grand Erg Oriental. The city is home to one of the most characteristic markets in the country where handicrafts are daily sold, but also donkeys and dromedaries once a week.
- Departure to Tozeur, photo stop at Chott El Jerid mirage, depending on the season the sun is almost permanent in this region. The salt and the sun make this space a unique and wonderful place.
- Arrival at Tozeur, visit the Medina,check in in boutique hotel Dar Habibi and lunch.
- Departure to Ong Jemel resembling the head and neck of a dromedary, where erosion combined with water and wind has sculpted spectacular forms. One of the shooting locations of Star Wars and English Patient.
- Return to the hotel.
- After, departure by Horse carriage to Eden Palm Museum, welcome cocktail, Dinner and team building at the Eden palm a palm museum, palm grove where you can taste products with dates with the possibility of purchasing these products. Folklore evening and typical dinner in the heart of the oasis.
- Return to the hotel.
5th Day Tozeur-Chebika-Tameghza-Mides-Gafsa-Kairouan-Hammamet
- After breakfast, visit Chebika, Tameghza and Mides. These three mountain oases located on the Saharian limes are linking Tebessa to Gafsa It is in this region of mountain oases that are shot some scenes of the movie The English Patient. The old village of Mides is hung on the edge of a canyon where there are fossils and colourful minerals. The new village of Mides is at the heart of the neighbouring palm grove which provides dates, oranges and figs.
- Lunch in Gafsa at Jugurtha Hotel.
- Then continue to visit Kairouan The Capital of the Muslim Maghreb stands as one of the most important features of Islam mainly The Great Mosque, the Medina and other impressive monuments such as the Aghlabiden pools,The Sidi Sahbi Mausoleum its magnificent ceramics.
- Departure to Hammamet, dinner and accommodation in hotel Badira or Hasdrubal 5*.
6th Day Tunis-Airport 70 km
- After breakfast, check out and visit panoramic of Hammamet Yasmine, and the Spanish Fortress before your transfer to the airport.
For more information, requests and/or rates, please kindly contact Mrs. Moufida Ameur at email@example.com