Best way to enjoy the beautiful South Korea...
South Korea has all four seasons - spring, summer, autumn, winter, has as many festivals as seasons. If you feel warm “Jeong” means human affection, you should visit to the special autumn festival in South Korea.
We introduce eight autumn festivals held from September to November.
Please Visit South Korea to enjoy distinctive festivals!!
Sancheong Medicinal Herb Festival
Unique Meeting with Herbal Herbs Medicine Treatment
This festival celebrates the herbs of Jirisan Mountain, which are commonly known to have great medicinal properties, making this the perfect event for visitors eager to improve their health through natural remedies.
At this festival, visitors will be exposed to a wide variety of Korea’s medicinal herbs and medical traditions. Along with many other exciting events, you will even be able to sample traditional Oriental medicinal food made from herbs. Visitors can sample herbs for free, and can take home their favorite herb or remedy at low cost. Some herbs can even be grown at home!
- Date: 09.15.2017 ~ 09.24.2017
- Location: 45-6, Donguibogam-ro 555beon-gil, Sancheong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Program: Picking medicinal herbs, oriental medicine food experience, oriental medicinal herbs experience, Culture, Art and Performances, Free oriental medicine check-up, medical device trial, Exhibition and etc.
Gimje Horizon Festival
Only place where the sky and land meet
The Gimje Horizon Festival, held from late September to early October every year since 1999, takes place at Byeokgolje Reservoir, which is the heart of the Honam rice bowl. The festival aims to show the importance of Korea’s farming culture, which is a foundation of the nation, with the theme of sky and land meeting at the horizon. The festival also aims to promote the regional image and economy. Many dynamic and active programs are available for festival-goers to participate in before the golden horizon.
- Date: 09.20.2017 ~ 09.24.2017
- Location: Buryang-myeon, Gimje-si, Jeollabuk-do
Yangyang Songi Festival
You will be lost in the fragrance of Pine Mushroom
The Yangyang Songi Festival (Pine Mushroom Festival) offers hands-on programs to enjoy Yangyang songi mushrooms that naturally grow on Taebaeksanmaek Mountain Ridge. These local specialties feature a strong mushroom scent and thick texture thanks to the low percentage of moisture compared to other region’s mushrooms, helping to preserve them for a long term. At the festival, visitors can experience the farming ambience through the mushroom picking program. The program also allows foreign visitors can learn about the excellence of Yangyang Songi.
- Date: 09.29.2017 ~ 10.01.2017
- Location: Yangyang Namdaecheon Stream Event area, Yangyang Market, Yangyang Songi Valley Natural Forest, Yangyang-gun, Gangwon-do
- Programs: Foreigner’s mushroom picking program, Songi treasure hunter, picking shiitake mushrooms, Concert Performance, Traditional rice-cake making, Songi promotional group’s parade and etc.
Andong Mask Dance Festival
The largest cultural, aesthetics and traditions properties in Korea
The Andong Mask Dance Festival is held in Andong area which is considered the capital of Korean traditional culture, with the theme of mask and mask dance.
Andong’s culture and religions have great value for remaining over the years with the various cultures intact. Therefore, Andong is the region which has the most of cultural heritages and boasts the beauty of the East alike.
- Date: 09.29.2017 ~ 10.08.2017
- Location: Downtown Andong area, Maskdance Park, Hahoe Village, Culture Street, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
- Programs: National & International Mask Dance Performance, World Mask Competition, original mask performances, mask dance learning, madang play, original puppet plays, a world mask exhibit, mask making and more.
Jinju Namgang Yudeung Festival
The lamps wishing for the world peace and mankind fortune
The Jinju Namgang Yudeung (Lantern) Festival originates from the lantern lighting custom used during the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle of the Imjinwaeran War (Japanese invasion, 1592) as a military strategy to prevent Japanese troops from wading the Namgang River. The highlights of the festival include the floating of lanterns carrying personal wishes of the citizens along the Namgang River, and the parade of lanterns created by the students themselves. In addition, the festival features gaejesik (lighting of lanterns in remembrance of the Jinjuseong Fortress Battle veterans), an exhibition of the world’s traditional lanterns, and many more participatory cultural programs.
- Date: 10.01.2017 ~ 10.15.2017
- Location: 626, Namgang-ro, Jinju-si, Gyeongsangnam-do
- Programs: Lighting ceremony, floating lanterns on the river, Korean lantern exhibition, World traditional lantern exhibition, traditional crafted lantern exhibition, hanging wish-lantern.
Jarasum International Jazz Festival
Jazz melodies with autumn scenery
The Jarasum International Jazz Festival is held every October on the beautiful Jaraseom Island in Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do. During the festival world-famous jazz artists come together to delight audiences with the smooth vibes of live jazz.
As a Green Life Honorary Ambassador, the festival is also passionate about environment protection. In order to share the external growth with the community, the festival holds a Gapyeong band contest, publishes a Gapyeong restaurant guidebook, and produces Jazz Makgeolli and Jazz Wine made from the region’s products.
- Date: 10.20.2017 ~ 10.22.2017
- Location: Jaraseom Island area in Gapyeong, Gyeonggi-do
Icheon Rice Cultural Festival
Experience of agriculture, various play and performance, and enjoyable food
Icheon is famous for producing the best rice in Korea. In fact Icheon rice is so good that it used to be served to the kings of Korea in the past, and is still highly thought of today. The Icheon Rice Culture Festival celebrates its famous rice and also the local agricultural practices.
Major events of the festival include a reenactment of the parade that transported rice to Hanseong (the old name for Seoul) for presentation to the king, and the huge rice cauldron that is capable of feeding thousands of people
- Date: 10.18.2017 ~ 10.22.2017
- Location: Seolbong Park area, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do
Hoengseong Hanu Festival
Experience of Real Korean Beef BBQ
Every year, The Hanu (Korean native cattle) Festival takes places in Hoengseong County, where the climate and the environment are said to be perfect for raising cattle. The festival attracts a large number of people, who come to try the usually expensive Hoengseong hanu beef at affordable prices, along with another specialty of Hoengseong County, deodeok (mountain bellflower).
In addition to food sampling, the festival holds diverse agriculture experience programs, while offering access to nearby attractions such as Hoengseong Hot Springs and Jucheongang River Natural Forest Lodge.
- Date: 10.19.2017 ~ 10.23.2017
- Location: Area round Seomgang River in Hoengseong-eup, Hoengseong-gun, Gangwon-do
- Program: Self-restaurant, food related to Hanu (Korean beef), local alcohol which goes well with local specialty products, Hanu parade, masked ball, wearing a hanbok, LED roses, night lighting festival, stamp tour, children’s playground, fireworks, walking competition, celebrating performance, etc.
Enjoy beautiful autumn scenery in South Korea.
We welcome you.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Kayla Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org