UPDATED OCTOBER 2020
- Covid has been well under control in Cuba, and we have been able to send doctors to many countries to help fight this pandemic. It is our example of humanism and solidarity with the world in these hard times.
- Cuba is in the post-Covid recovery phase, organizing domestic tourism and gradually opening international tourism in Cayo Coco, Cayo Largo, Cayo Santa Maria and Cayo Cruz. Open airports include: Vitalio Acuña (Cayo Largo, Isle of Youth) - Abel Santamaría (Santa Clara, Villa Clara) - Jardines del Rey (Cayo Coco, Ciego de Ávila). Soon new important touristic destinations like Varadero, Holguin, Santiago de Cuba and Havana will be open as well.
- All airports including these above were renovated and their luggage pick up system restructured, along with immigration, check in spaces and others to meet safety and sanitary standards
- Any time of year is good for a visit to Cuba. This is thanks to the mild climate but our high season is during winter time in many of the countries in the world: January, February, March – a perfect time then to escape to the perfect place, with the help of Solways
- The rains come mainly in June but as with the Caribbean, it is often a short burst in the day
- Hotels like Kempinski, Iberostar hotels and all those operated by Melia were certified for the new international sanitary rules. They are undertaking renovations and putting in these protocols in the rooms, pools and public areas
- Upon arrival in Cuba, each visitor will be tested for Covid with the PCR test. During their transfer to their chosen hotel all sanitary protocols of protection and safety in terms of both personnel and the service will be strictly kept.
- Cuba has made great strides in the development of vaccines. There is a certified vaccine called Soberana 01 in phase 2 of testing; this vaccine was developed by Cuban professionals against Covid. It will be ready in February 2021
- To really get to know Cuba you need more than just staying in a hotel - you need to complete your stay with visits to local places, know the folklore and customs, live the music and dances, taste our dishes and typical drinks, explore the history, nature and cultural places, practice sports and outdoor activities and visit restaurants and bars outside the hotels. Solways can help you plan and take part in all these for your tailored experience of our fantastic country.
- Solways was founded on June 24th 2001, so turned 19 years old in 2020!
- While in lockdown, we have renewed and updated our product offering, moved confirmed trips to new dates, added clauses for contracting and cancellations, made changes in our operative booking system and learnt new ways and options to present events and exhibitions, all the to make planning your trip, incentive, conference and all easier, safer and even better than before
- We are developing new products and brands - Work from Cuba, Stay longer in Cuba, Solways4family and Solways 4friends - with important added values in each. We can talk with you about them in our webinair sessions, your opinion is important for us!
- We believe there are no warmer and more colourful waters than the ones in the Cuban keys. So we have negotiated very special rates in the beautiful resorts of these sites, ready for you. Ask us about these offers and special discounts for early bookings and pax free according to the number of rooms reserved.
- By the way in Cuba mango doesn’t just mean a fruit – it is used as a compliment for a beautiful woman or man!
Please contact us so we can give you information about your travel possibilities, open areas, different stages and new and exciting options.
Welcome back to Cuba!