UPDATED OCTOBER 2020
- The Netherlands was in what is called an ‘Intelligent Lockdown’. We were free to go where we wanted, shops remained open, but we were strongly advised to stay indoor as much as possible.
- In this period it was wonderful to see and experience some beautiful and uplifting moments and events to raise the spirits and to be positive.
- 300 illuminated drones swarmed a Dutch hospital in praise of frontline workers, and to mark 75 years since liberation in WW2
Picture (C) Frank De Roo
- Bear hunting of a very friendly kind took place - over 9000 people placed teddy bears in their windows so bear hunts could be done through neighbourhoods. Although meant for children, many adults were known to enjoy this activity too…
- After our initial success with tackling the growth in the number of COVID19 related infections, Amsterdam & The Netherlands tourism industry in general enjoyed increased activity and movement. This was also possible due to the re-opening of hotels, museums and venues with safety measures in place. We, at Delta Amsterdam also enjoyed organising a first LIVE event fully adapted to the COVID19 measures and honoured to have had this experience. Curious to know more about what we organised? Check out our latest blog or get in touch with our Event Managers for more info & lots of outdoor possibilities! Have you tested the management skills of your team with sheepherding – fun & COVID proof!
- Most hotels re-opened from June 1st 2020
- As of September 29th, our government announced new measures and as a result, in larger cities across the country, the maximum size of the groups allowed for events are temporarily reduced to 30 with a few venues also allowed larger dinners and meetings if space allows it. By now all venues, museums, and restaurants have ensured that they observe the strict hygiene measures, adhere to 1.5 meters and in public spaces wearing face masks.
- Most restaurants, museums and heritage sites now require pre-bookings with exact time slots – at Delta Amsterdam, we have the little black book to facilitate this for your guests
- Bars are also open – reservations also must be made
Picture (C) Salonboot
- Museums have reopened, ensuring Covid-19 proof measures as enforced by our government
- Due to the social distancing requirements whisper sets need to be included with tours.
- We highly recommend giving guests face masks and hand sanitizers throughout their stay. We can arrange this for you in The Netherlands as an arrival gift of course (or you can arrange this in your country). The same with whisper sets for all excursions to ensure 1.50 metres of distance.
- We at Delta Amsterdam celebrated 55 years in delivering experiences and making memories, for groups, events and meetings – and we’ve done so for so long by always innovating and developing the best and latest offerings
- We have used the time to work on programmes, new ideas and on digital improvements. We are proud to have finished our updated website in this time: delta-amsterdam.nl
- If you are still finding actual travel difficult, but want to still want to experience our wonderful city and country, take a trip on some of the virtual tours we have available
- We also have various online games available for your clients: pub quizzes, escape games etc. Please feel free to contact us about this creative way for your clients to keep their teams together while working from home.
Hope to see you back soon and in the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Best wishes from your Delta Amsterdam team, Andreas, Nijad and Alexandra
Tel: +31 20 575 57 55