- The Netherlands was in what is called an ‘Intelligent Lockdown’. We were free to go where we wanted, shops remained open, but we were strongly advised to stay indoor as much as possible.
- In this period it was wonderful to see and experience some beautiful and uplifting moments and events to raise the spirits and to be positive.
- 300 illuminated drones swarmed a Dutch hospital in praise of frontline workers, and to mark 75 years since liberation in WW2
Picture (C) Frank De Roo
- Bear hunting of a very friendly kind took place - over 9000 people placed teddy bears in their windows so bear hunts could be done through neighbourhoods. Although meant for children, many adults were known to enjoy this activity too…
- Amsterdam and the Netherlands are now very much open for business and the first tourists have arrived to discover a still rather empty city. If you have a programme ready to travel, we have some hotels aligned that we can completely take over – rather unique in Amsterdam.
- Most hotels re-opened from June 1st 2020
- As of July 1st, meetings and incentives are no longer restricted in any way, except for keeping a distance of 1.5 meters between guests. If this is not possible, guests have an obligation to wear a face mask. While observing all hygiene protocols, people can do and go as they like.
- All restaurants, museums and heritage sites now require pre-bookings with exact time slots – at Delta Amsterdam, we have the little black book to make these easy
- Bars are also open – reservations also must be made
Picture (C) Salonboot
- Museums have reopened, ensuring Covid-19 proof measures as enforced by our government
- Due to the social distancing requirements whisper sets need to be included with tours.
- We highly recommend giving guests face masks and hand sanitizers throughout their stay. We can arrange this for you in The Netherlands as an arrival gift of course (or you can arrange this in your country). The same with whisper sets for all excursions to ensure 1.50 metres of distance.
- We at Delta Amsterdam celebrated 55 years in delivering experiences and making memories, for groups, events and meetings – and we’ve done so for so long by always innovating and developing the best and latest offerings
- We have used the time to work on programmes, new ideas and on digital improvements. We are proud to have finished our updated website in this time: delta-amsterdam.nl
- If you are still finding actual travel difficult, but want to still want to experience our wonderful city and country, take a trip on some of the virtual tours we have available
- We also have various online games available for your clients: pub quizzes, escape games etc. Please feel free to contact us about this creative way for your clients to keep their teams together while working from home.
Tel: +31 20 575 57 55