- Shopping malls and other retail businesses have reopened partially (shorter hours of operation, food courts offering delivery only etc.) in several cities of Brazil, including Rio, Iguassu Falls, and São Paulo.
- Most international flights are currently suspended until June 30th, and are expected to restart soon after - some have resumed already from GRU, São Paulo International airport, the main hub of Brazil
- Public transportation is fully in service, although with restrictions such as sit-down only on buses, distancing etc.
- Hotels plan to open once again early July, although with different dates depending on each property and location
- Our beaches are now open for water sports such as swimming, surfing, stand up paddle, etc.
- Beach front boardwalks in Rio are now open for jogging, walking and other sport activities. Outdoors sports equipment can be used along the shoreline and in public parks in our major cities.
- Brazil is great to visit all year round, but the best time is May, when the weather in Rio is particularly pleasant with a beautiful light and very little rain. Walpax is here to arrange your trip any time of year, but especially May.
- The most popular event in Brazil is Carnival, especially in Rio. It takes place every year in February or in March, always 40 days before Easter. Next year Carnival will be from February 11th to 17th. Why not come?
- Walpax is a traditional DMC in established in 1963, originally as a travel agency and since the late 70’s an incoming tour operator.
- In the 1990’s it evolved into a DMC, and in 2010 the company was bought by Grupo Águia (Eagle, in Portuguese), one of the largest and most financially solid travel groups in Brazil. In these COVID-19 times and the new normal, we are strong and solid financially, and are here to stay for groups, incentive travel and MICE
- During the lockdown Walpax has been working from our home offices, negotiating with suppliers better terms of payment, working on any cancellations, and better still rebooking postponed groups, as well as securing better prices for when the pandemic is over – all to make sure we can offer you the best of Brazil at a great price and service.
- We have also used the time also to train our junior and mid-level staff, giving them the chance to take part in educational webinars offered by several international MICE entities, to give you even better service
- Our offices at Grupo Águia will start partially reopening as of June 15th. We have taken many health protective measures such testing all employees every couple of weeks, increasing the distances between sitting positions at the office, imposing the use of masks, which we provide to all employees twice daily,
- We are also providing plenty of training for clients via webinars and virtual updates to keep them highly aware what Brazil has to offer as a perfect MICE Why not arrange an update for yourself, to find out why you should bring your group to Brazil soon?
Walpax Brazil is the perfect partner to make your trip to experience the best of Brazil happen – contact us now to find out how:
Tel: +55 21 2430 1199